Dewalt problems

Went out tonight to continue cutting on the baseball glove intarsia order(25), and my saw kept speeding up and slowing back down. :grr:  I made a couple small cuts and gave up it just wasn't cutting right. :curse: I took the brushes out and they looked pretty worn down I just placed an order for a couple replacement brushes, hopefully that is the problem. If not I will be looking(and saving) to get the excaliber. In the meantime of friend is going to let me borrow his saw (my old dremel), so I can finish cutting out the gloves and atleast keep working on the order.

I just replaced the pivot arm (that make the machine work) and bearings in December. They were shot. I'm thinking it's about time for a new saw, time to start saving :sad:

If ya ever get it figgered out let us know as mine is doing the same thing but with a knocking sound too.

sully

As soon as I get the parts in I will let ya know if it worked. Mine was knocking before And I fixed by doing a couple things from here- http://www.scrollsaws.com/SawReviews/DewltTuneUp.htm . A few months later it started banging again but louder, so I tried the same fixes again but didn't work. I tore the saw down further and that's when I found the top bearing on the drive arm was pretty much missing.  There is also a link in the above link to buy parts from.

well I got the new brushes for the saw, put them in and still the same. :grr:  :curse:  Didn't work. Looks like it's time to start saving for a new saw. By the time I keep buying replacement parts for ol yeller I could of bought a new saw. I'll baby it until I can get a new one but no major projects for a while.

I gotta tell you that this is not my favorite post to read.

I'm sorry for your problems. A prayer they are resolved.

I have to purge these problems and thoughts from my mind.

It would take me ages to replace my saw.

I am sincerely sorry for what you have experienced.

God bless and may your problems be solved soon.