bandsaw blade?

Indy77

The size of the blade is less inportant that the number of teeth per inch usually 2-3 for resaw ,3/4 " is fine but does cause more resistance for a underpowered saw like a 14"even when stacked to open up cut capibility wet wood drags and has trouble clearing spent saw dust as the cut continues  1/2' resaw blade works just fine requires the same slow steady straight feed as the 3/4 with less resistance and force required .looks easier in videos than in use , I'm not sure after doing a lot of it ,that  it is really worth the effort ,cost and process required to achieve the results you envisioned .JMHO

Bandsaw blades are rated for certain uses the same as scroll saw blades are, my advise to you would be, to purchase a blade that is rated for resawing. Yes, you may be able to get away with some other type, but, if you do so, your setting yourself up to fail.

Len

Edited by Lucky2

3/4" is fine for resawing but to get the desired tension you may be stressing the saw frame and the bearings.  I have a Delta 3 wheel saw and use a 1/2" 3 tooth blade for resawing with no problem.  Have done maple and walnut up to 7 1/2 ".  *" is the saw max height.

Tom