Rattlesnake

Bishop

Hi everyone. Dick reminded me we have not posted anything lately. Sorry we will try to do better in the future.

This one should be in CWC soon its made with WRC and Basswood. The scales are done with a wood burner.

If you would stretch him out he is abt. 5' long and 1.5" in dia.

God Bless

Homer & Carol

post-2165-0-81299400-1403054255_thumb.jpg

To Each his own ,quality work .There has never been or ever will there be one of those ,considered or attempted here ,they are in the same league with extreamist 's of every stripe ,and have no place here ,only hate a few things in this world ,snakes top s the list then liars, thieves and stupid people .I did not say ingnorant people I said STUPID PEOPLE ,I only kill snake s, the rest I avoid at all costs !

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Your comments on the project are similar to the comment made by a friend of mine " I love the project but not the subject matter"

We told him he was probably  right, we should have made a COBRA!!! LOL

The plans for the snake are yours if you get a copy of the August issue of Creative Woodworks & Crafts.

The pieces are cut on the scroll saw, no lathe is used, and the rest is just sanding and shaping.

God Bless

Homer & Carol

That is super, can't wait to see the pattern.  Can you tell us a bit more on how it was done and created.

thanks for showing it to us.  Remember snakes do have a purpose, who would all these folks hate if we didn't

have them.  Maybe they would not like dogs.  Just kidding folks.

jim

penquin

Is this last August issue and where can I find the mag? I'd sure like to make this little guy. I used to love to catch snakes when I was a kid, Even had a terrarium thing in my bedroom with that snake in it. Had to let the snake go tho. Haven't so much as seen a snake in my grown up years unless it was in a zoo. Any way. I think my brother might like this snake. Thanks...Fay