Bicycle Man

dansnow

I found the plans for this little guy online a while back. This is our second one (my son did most of the cutting. I did a couple parts, the finishing and final assembly). He's about 9" tall, made from 1/4" red oak and 1/4" and 3/4" oak dowel. The front fork is from a 1" thick piece of red oak. All axel and leg joints are held in place with 1/8" diameter pins.

Thanks for looking.

post-17477-0-73996900-1403310798_thumb.jpg

post-17477-0-92761100-1403310809_thumb.jpg

post-17477-0-48511300-1403310818_thumb.jpg

post-17477-0-64461400-1403310828_thumb.jpg

Edited by dansnow

Just to let you guys know, my son turns 41 this year!  :lol: Together we are Snows Wooden Toys & Gifts

Phantom, I found the trick that works for me on drilling the holes in the dowels is to make them extra long so I have at least 1/2" between the hole and the end, then trim after drilling.

Cute, I would have to make more than one of them if I decide to make any, we would have to have the extra ones to race against each other. I can just see it now, a thin board on his desk elevated on one end, to give us a track. We are heavily into racing, and anything with wheels gets a try.

Len.