A great idea,, Glue bottle holder!

Fay Prozora

I got this idea from some thing else that I saw. So I made this little gadget on my scroll saw.. It is a glue bottle holder. Ever get tired of shaking the glue down to the nozzle so you can do a glue up. Well this is a sure cure for that. So I made up this little gadget, but used a forsnter bit to drill the hole for the nozzle to fit in. Now the glue is right there  in the nozzle of the bottle when you are ready to glue, just remove the cap and glue away!! I took these pictures with my cell phone and the shop is messy now... Enjoy  Fay

post-16818-0-18560100-1403476757_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-15060900-1403476813_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-36877300-1403476838_thumb.jpg

Ever get tired of shaking the glue down to the nozzle so you can do a glue up. 

Fay that is a great idea.  I however keep my bottle full.  I have several gallon jugs that I constantly refill from so I do not have that problem.  I do however on my specialty glues occasionally have this problem and as they are a much smaller bottle something like this would be of immense help.  Thanks for sharing the idea and the project with us.

DW

Your welcome. I just planned it out but it stands a little crooked, but that is ok. I use the well bond the most and I refill from a larger bottle too. I have other glues that I use on occasion so will make another one or two for those and the hole can be drill to fit what ever bottle you use. I since decided that I would not put the bottle on it until I start a project or just before I glue it up so it will come out when I need it to. I just refilled this bottle. Going ot modify this idea a while longer. The idea that I saw was one that hangs on the wall but I did not like that concept at all. I want to be able to move it around when I need to instead of looking for that pesky glue bottle... No matter how organized I am, I can't seem to find things in my shop. Even those little drill bits that like to get lost.. Grrr.... Fay

I used to do what with my epoxy (2)part bottles for the same reason ,the only problem after somes uses the tip devoloped a leak and you wake up with a terrible mess .so keep a check on the tip covers ,they are no always the best mate  match on the cheap bottles they  supply ,I now only use when I am read to glue ,and then store normally .Just from my experience ,yours may not do it ,twice was enough for me to change .Good luck !!

Your welcome. I just planned it out but it stands a little crooked, but that is ok. I use the well bond the most and I refill from a larger bottle too. I have other glues that I use on occasion so will make another one or two for those and the hole can be drill to fit what ever bottle you use. I since decided that I would not put the bottle on it until I start a project or just before I glue it up so it will come out when I need it to. I just refilled this bottle. Going ot modify this idea a while longer. The idea that I saw was one that hangs on the wall but I did not like that concept at all. I want to be able to move it around when I need to instead of looking for that pesky glue bottle... No matter how organized I am, I can't seem to find things in my shop. Even those little drill bits that like to get lost.. Grrr.... Fay

Fay as for the drill bits being misplaced... try gluing a magnet in a convenient area and when you are done with the bit toss it on the magnet and it will be there for the next time.

DW

It very well can leak and you find a mess. That's why I would not put the bottle  on it until I'm ready to glue as I don't want to lose that much glue. You can stand it upright and then when ready to start the gluing, then turn it upside down to get the glue down the nozzle but make sure the cap is on tight so it won't leak. Will have to find bottles that have the caps you pull up to open rather than take it off. I think it could still be a handy gadget. The one I saw was a one that hangs on a wall and made close to the same way except with a piece of wood on the bottom to catch any glue dripping. Mine had a stand thing on the back sort of like a picture frame does.   Fay

That a fantastic idea Fay, thanks for sharing it with us.  As for the small drill bits, I keep a small tin next to my drill press and I store the bits I use regularly in there, so if I'm finished with one I drop it into the box and get the next one that I need.  Works for me.

Marg

Great idea Fay and another use of woodworking skills and method to re-purpose wood scraps.  Another method is to use food storage containers of the appropriate size for your glue bottle/tube so it can stand on end in the container - my solution for mustard, glue, or whatever is thick and not in a container which will stand on end by itself.