Glue

kardar2

Hello,

I just ran out of glue ( titebond III ) and I was looking through the wood works & crafts mag and noticed Sloan's workshop sales Weld Bond glue is it good ? I was thinking of trying some of that Gorilla glue but I don't know any one who uses it . Should I stay with titebond? What glue do some of you guys and gals use ?

Most PVA glues -- white solution [like Elmers] which goes clear when it hardens -- can be found in an "indoor" and "outdoor" mix. The outdoor mix has a harder grab and makes a tighter joint. Gorilla glue is a fine brand. Some glues leave a yellow line. Magic

What is the reason you are straying away from Titebond?

I use titebond 3 and havent had issue with it as of yet. I use Gorilla brand super glue. Have not really thougt about useing gorilla wood glue. I have seen it foam up when water hits it so that made me shy away from it.

My dad believes elmers is the best. Im slowly turning him to titebond though. :lol:

Ben

I have used gorrilla glue on some things but not a lot because it tends to expand when it cures, and it stains your fingers brown if you get any on you.

Sounds like you tried regular Gorilla Glue. They now make Gorilla WOOD glue. It isn't brown, it dries clear. It is white color in the bottle, just like most wood glues. It doesn't expand like the regular brown stuff. It actually performs just like most wood glues except for a couple exceptions. It sets faster for one. That is what I like about it. Less clamp time means I can assemble things like clocks without having to clamp overnight. I can clamp a subassembly and it is set enough to work with by the time I get the next piece cut or sanded. The one drowback I have found is that if you go crazy and create too much squeezeout, there is no amount of sanding or cleaning you can do that will allow you to stain it. I've been using Gorilla Wood Glue for about six months now and I love it. Just make sure that the white looking wood glue, NOT the brown stuff.

What is the reason you are straying away from Titebond?

I use titebond 3 and havent had issue with it as of yet. I use Gorilla brand super glue. Have not really thougt about useing gorilla wood glue. I have seen it foam up when water hits it so that made me shy away from it.

My dad believes elmers is the best. Im slowly turning him to titebond though. :lol:

Ben

No reason at all, I am very happy with it I just thought there might be something cheaper/ better. I saw the price they want for weld bond I will not be buying that any time soon.