Another oval shaped bowl

Fay Prozora

I made this bowl and it took me a couple of days to finish it. It is an improvement from the last bowl I did and not so much glue problems. There were a few . I found a piece of wood in a thrift store so I cut the bowl out on the scroll saw. It is thicker than what the pattern called for but it turned out fine other wise. I like the way it flared out at the top. I believe the wood is a curly maple and it was a hard wood to cut. I used a wood turner's finish on the bowl and I like the shine on it...Enjoy,, Fay

post-16818-0-36812800-1405475186_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-88811500-1405475243_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-21514100-1405475299_thumb.jpg

Somebody's going to scoop this one up quick for themselves!Don't you just hate to part with your creations.Boy ,The more interesting the grain the better the bowls look.Give you something to look at if on the dinner table,lol Yes, I agree you a wiz at these fabulous bowls you're doing.Show room quality too.Good job,Atta girl! :cool:

You did a marvelous job on this lovely bowl. :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  Figured maple is one of my favorite woods to make things out of although I like figure in any kind of wood. I think it really makes a project POP. :)

I will look forward to seeing more of these wonderful bowls when you get a chance to get back in the shop.

Thank you every one. Shoot that bowl was cut at a steep angle too so it was a little hard to work with on the saw. THere's a little piece of that wood left but I may try to turn it on the lathe later tonight after it gets here. I should be able to cut some pen banks out of what is left and that wood would make pretty pens or handles for other things. Thanks again,, Fay