a light came on

heppnerguy

When i first saw this pattern by Grampa I knew that I had to cut it. Yesterday I ran across it once more in the pattern library and printed out the pattern and started for my 90 degree shop. I finished it this morning and I am going to give it to my daughter. she is a horse breeder and trainer and definitely a western country girl, so this is one she understands.  I posted it on my facebook page too. this one stood out to me as being one of those "A picture is worth a thousand words" things. There just seemed to be a story in that pattern. I cut it the size that it printed out and the wood I was used for it was low quality piece so I was quite concerned about some of my cutting being too close and possibly falling out. I carefully worked my  through the piece and everything stayed in tact. the problem was that I took the liberty to eliminate a couple of cuts and combined a couple of others, but it worked. I used a #3 penguin blade, which is my blade of choice for 1/4 inch ply because it is not too aggressive and follows the lines very well. It also does not seem to leave a lot of fuzzies like so many other blades seem to do. As I was cutting this, A LIGHT BULB CAME ON IN MY HEAD,  instead of destroying a pattern makers skills and effort by adjusting the pattern so that it is safer or easier to cut, all I have to do it to enlarge the pattern and then cut it. the lines are not only bigger and easier to cut but the spaces between them are obviously spaced farther apart. No need to feel like you need to destroy your pattern makers work.

sorry, Grampa, for my reworking and destroying your beautiful pattern.  It will not happen again. Now that the lights are finally lit in my head

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-60960500-1405489574_thumb.png

I've enlarged two patterns to 40" x 20" and even still there were [places i had to be careful with.One pattern was Grampa dog Missy and the other was a gorilla by a member that I can't recall his name I think both patterns are in the pattern library .One was 513 drill holes and the other 535..Dick I can see the detail in your project that would be a hazard for you.Glad you found a way to get it done.Nice job!A winner never quits! :cool:

I love that one. Somehow I missed that pattern and will have to go back and see if I can find it.

You did a great job on making that pop right out of the wood. :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  I would love to see it framed in an old barn wood frame. :luv:  I am sure my wife would find a place of honor on the wall for it. ;)

;)  

Nice looking cutting and smart way to handle a difficult pattern. I do the same thing a lot of times.  I will increase the size of a pattern till I have it when I can cut it reasonalbly without getting to worried about running off and cutting off something that should be saved. 

jim

penquin

OOOOH MY GOD What have you done to my pattern, I'll tell you what you have done, a brilliant job Dick well done and thanks for cutting it........Paul

Thank you, Paul, for your understanding and nice comments. I hate to take anything from someone's hard work. I feel a little guilty but now I feel a little better ;) I fell in love with this pattern as soon as I saw it

Dick

heppnerguy