Something Different to Put Scroll Work On

Scrappile

Street prefomer, no, I'm retired and just play in my shop.  I saw these organs on another forum and wanted to build one.  Most fun and rewarding project I have done to date.  Once in a while some other friends with organs and I take them to places that invite us to show them off and play.  We are attending a large antique tractor show next month to play.  We did it last year and had a great time.  They asked us to bring them back this year.  It's fun.

If you would like to here it here is a video I did.  This was right after I finished the build and had had a few glasses of wine to celebrate :roll:

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/grinchman/media/MVI_1344-1.mp4.html?sort=3&o=42

Edited by Scrappile

Incredible sound coming from a homemade instrument. I'd love to see the workings of that machine.What a true craftsman you are.Never have i been able to come close to your quality of workmanship! :cool:

Not really a great crafts man, but I learned something making the organ that has really build up my confidence in woodworking.  That is, just like in scroll sawing, worry about one hole at a time, building something a little complex, build one piece at a time.  If I worry about the whole project all the time, it get overwhelming. 

Thans everyone for the nice comments.

Edited by Scrappile

I just viewed your video and it is easy to see that you are a fun person. Your instrument is wonderful. i saw one in Germany a couple of years ago. I videoed the guy and his monkey but he obviously did my wish me to do that. But I enjoyed seeing and hearing his instrument as I also did yours. Great pieces, I am glad I was able to see them. You sure have a nice, clean and organized shop.You probably would go home with a headache if you saw mine.

Dick

heppnerguy 

I just viewed your video and it is easy to see that you are a fun person. Your instrument is wonderful. i saw one in Germany a couple of years ago. I videoed the guy and his monkey but he obviously did my wish me to do that. But I enjoyed seeing and hearing his instrument as I also did yours. Great pieces, I am glad I was able to see them. You sure have a nice, clean and organized shop.You probably would go home with a headache if you saw mine.

Dick

heppnerguy 

Thank you.  As for the clean shop comments, not really always that clean. But, I have a small shop so I make an effort to  put tools in their place so I can find them when I next need them and to vacumm at least once a day.   Keeping it somewhat organized and clean make me think it is a bigger shop them it really is.