So Sad

aubec

Just seen this over on Facebook, such sad news, thought and prayers go to his family

It is with a sad heart that I must be the bearer of very bad news. My husband and best friend to me - and many others out there in the scrollling community - Dirk Boelman passed away last night. No sickness or suffering lead up to it. He died of a massive heart attack about 8 pm on July 16. We were enjoying a lovely evening with good friends to celebrate our anniversaries and my birthday. Sharing food fun and laughter when he just collapsed. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Karen Boelman

I've heard the name Dirk Boelman so much but can't put my finger on just who he was.Best i can remember he was like part of the big family of scrollers in a greater sense of the word..I'll have to google him to refresh my failing memory.I'm sure he was in all the magazines as a regular contributor. What a surprise for someone to leave us in a second like that with no fighting chance.Like he was running on empty and ran out.He'll be long remembered and revered as one of the great ones, My condolences go out to you and yours . :cool:

I received an email from Homer and Carol telling me about Dirk's death. i probably would understand who he was if I saw some of his works but off the top, I am like Kevin and have no clue. I thought that if he was a SSV member that we might want to start a collection for his wife. I guess that would be up to Travis. I will wait and see what come of this, if anything. It happened in the middle of celebrating thier wedding anniversary and her birthday, if I read it correctly. How sad it that. At least his wife had some immediate support for her when it happened.

Dick

heppnerguy

I met him last year when he came to my scrolling club for a presentation. It was an awesome day.

He is a frequent contributor to the different magazines and ran "the art factory" http://theartfactory.com/Index.asp

He also was working on a veteran project, but I can't remember the details.

He had a great heart and a wonderful smile (although it was partially hidden by the "santa" beard)

post-1379-0-56577200-1405710195_thumb.jpg

Oh wow.  I'm so sorry to hear that.  Dirk is a well known scroller.  He's done amazing work and a huge contributor to the scrolling community.  I'm sad that he is gone and will be sorely missed.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, Karen.  

That is truely sad news. I had met him and Karen a couple times at picnic and he was a very open and freindly man easy to talk with in fact first time I met him I think we talked an hour about scrolling. I have always enjoyed cutting his patterns and always felt he made them with the scroller in mind because I could stay with the line and turns better than anyother pattern. He will be missed. I will offer my prayers for the family along with others.