Heart bowl and votive candle holder

Fay Prozora

The heart bowl is a Steve Good project and the candle holder is a piece I turned and then combined it with scrolling. The bowl on top of it and the base was cut on the scroll saw. I was practicing making the beads and balls on the lathe and did not like the way it turned out and was going to toss it, but then decided to make some thing else out of it and here are the results of that. Thanks for looking   Fay

post-16818-0-75959800-1405791121_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-48776000-1405791165_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-30487900-1405791214_thumb.jpg

post-16818-0-63382500-1405791224_thumb.jpg

I bought my lathe from Rockler. Not sure if they still have their mini lathe on sale for $199.00 or not but that's the price I got mine. Also purchased a set of 5 tools for turning but they are not the greatest but they work fine so far. I just need to get a small low speed grinder to keep my tools sharp. I just started turning a couple days ago. I started a pen last night and in a little bit will go down to work on it. I hope it turns out. I'm making a slim line  pen and that is just a simple turning project. We'll see how well it will look. The heart bowl is from Steve Good. It is cut at a small angle say about 1 1/2 degree angle and then you should get a nice drop to get the bowl to look like steps. He doesn't say which blade to use on the saw but I used a #3 FD UR blade and if I had gone to a #5 or a #7 I might have gotten a deeper drop. I didn't put any glue on it either and it is staying like it is in the picture. I enjoyed cutting it. Take care and have a great day   Fay