selling stuff

kardar2

Hello,

I have a good collection of finished projects done and my wife suggested on taking a few to work with her and I said why dont I make a little photo album and they can see every thing at once. If they see something they like she can take just what piece they like. or should I make up a album at Kodak gallery? How do you do it ????

Kardar2, Your idea of a small photo album will work. Take a picture of each item to make the album. Also if you have the time on week ends you might consider craft shows in your area. I do about 10 shows a year, mostly in the fall, Sept. Oct. Nov. Dec. Here in southern NM we do really well as we(my wife & myself) dont have any other scrollers doing the shows which I dont understand. Just a thought, but try the album idea you may be amazed at the response!!

Ervin

Kardar2, Your idea of a small photo album will work. Take a picture of each item to make the album. Also if you have the time on week ends you might consider craft shows in your area. I do about 10 shows a year, mostly in the fall, Sept. Oct. Nov. Dec. Here in southern NM we do really well as we(my wife & myself) dont have any other scrollers doing the shows which I dont understand. Just a thought, but try the album idea you may be amazed at the response!!

Ervin

I am trying to figure out how to find out were and when the craft fairs are in my area.

Photo Album is a great idea. I'd also have her take in a piece or two so people can see the quality, and what they can expect. Pictures never do it justice. But at the same time, you can't really haul in 100 cuttings. So a couple of samples would help seal the deal. A lot of people really don't understand portrait work and are simply amazed you can do that with a scroll saw and some plywood (assuming you do mostly portrait style cuttings). They're even more amazed when its one piece.