Message to Heppnerguy

spirithorse

Hi, Dick,

Apparently your inbox is full and you cannot receive any Private Messages.

Here is some information I wanted to send you about Bowls on the Scroll Saw.

In reference to your message about DW's Bowl on the Scroll Saw,
here are two links that should help you quite a bit.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Scroll-Sawed-Wooden-Bowls/

As you will see, it is two different types of bowls.
Good luck and God Bless! Spirithorse

Thank you  so much for the Bowl information. It really helped to understand how the patterns are formed in the bowls. I saved the link. lets see if I get on the stick and try one of them. Watch and see if I post one.  I had no idea about mail boxes getting full here.. duh  Do I feel dumb. I will go see if I can empty it. Thanks for the heads up on that. sorry guys. thank you so much for taking your time to do this for me, spirithorse. 

Your comment also helped, Kevin..I appreciate that you too posted this remark, it helped me to understand that I was creating my own problem

Dick 

heppnerguy

Dick, Both of them try to help anyone!

People like these make this the excellent forum that it is!

Ralph,

I truly agree with you. That is the thing I like best about this site. Everyone is welcoming and helpful whenever they can be. Not only these two but everyone here, the pattern makers, the advice that is shared and the helpful hints and the tutorials made available for free to anyone interested in partaking in them

Dick

heppnerguy

Steve Good has several variations of this type of bowl/basket on his website here

They've been a reasonably good seller at craft fairs, and I've even gotten a couple orders for custom finishes.  What's also cool is to glue up a board from strips of various types of wood, then when you glue the rings together you can make all sorts of interesting patterns like this one:

post-17477-0-03851900-1406304842_thumb.jpg