a fun project for myself

heppnerguy

I downloaded a pattern of the Kitty Hawk and found that it was not a very good pattern and the details on it were very abstract and difficult to really figure out so I just left it and forgot about it. I ran across it a couple of days ago and decided I would try it anyway. It took a lot of fooling with but I got it together, kind of. It is about 4 inches long and the wing span is about 4 inches. i have always wanted to make a replica of it and this was the best I could find. Maybe down the road I will remake the pattern so I can make it larger and more precise, but for now, this will have to do, I guess.  

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-65606800-1408773039_thumb.png

I totally forgot what it looked like.Interesting. I like planes and bought a few but never flew them. I even have a worlds record rubber band plane that stays flying for9 minutes 29 seconds in balsa wood 9.99 i bought 24 years ago and never put it together,post-1607-0-99577800-1408850356_thumb.jpg was in ohio and forgot to look at the original on display there.