another Dirk Boelman Clock

heppnerguy

I just did another quick clock from the Dirk Boelman pattern collection. After Dirk's death I ordered several patterns from their web page at   www.theartfactory.com   to help his wife, Karen to be assured of some steady income during this sad time of need for her. I have found his patterns to be very quick and easy cuts and I enjoy the results. I am planning on giving some of his clocks to my family this year for Christmas presents. They only take a couple of hours to cut and the clocks are not expensive, so I feel I am giving a gift they should like, while keeping my Christmas gift costs way down.  This clock is made from 1/2 inch thick Alder, which I happen to have gotten for free from my grandson. If you have not tried Alder before, it is a really nice wood to cut and finish. I put a coat of mineral oil and three light coats of spray Lacquer then sanded it with 400 grit sand paper. The clock is about 10 1/2 inches high.  I hope you like it.

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-89375500-1409327775_thumb.png