teflon coating saw tables

Bendita

I heard someone mention about getting their saw table teflon coated I was curious how that turned out and if it is expensive my DW788 is only 8 moths old but exactly where my hands and fore arms rest on the table there is 2 rust spots starting to form, I wax my table weekly but the sweat is just burning through it. Any other thoughts? I've even thought of having it chromed if that would work. At the rate it is going I maybe looking at a new table within the next year for sure.

Did a look on internet for teflon coating scroll saw table.  Found one posting made in 2004 and after a year of use it was still working good.  Cost $25.00 then.  Also found two postings about using formica.  One used double sided tape and the other used contact cement.  One posting stated now he did not have to worry about sweat rust.  Said just wipe the sweat off the formica and keep on cutting. 

Larry

Thanks guys I never thought of formica But of course its a great option Now I'll have to hunt down formica as I've never seen it here. they use rock and tiles here for the counters. I'll keep you posted so spray on glue will hold it in place that's interesting to know. Well I'm glad I asked, even Master scrollers don't know everything.

.../Hans

Thanks guys I never thought of formica But of course its a great option Now I'll have to hunt down formica as I've never seen it here. they use rock and tiles here for the counters. I'll keep you posted so spray on glue will hold it in place that's interesting to know. Well I'm glad I asked, even Master scrollers don't know everything.

.../Hans

I don't know, I think a travertine saw table would be just the ticket.  ;)

Jim