Record Scroll Saw

wombatie

Hi does anyone own a Record Scroll Saw?  Terry my husband wanted to get himself a cheap scroll saw so he got a Record.  When we got it out of the box on Sunday I was having a look at it and we both found that the blade changing  is very slow and tedious and it if hard to get the tension just right before the blade pulls out of the clamps.  Does or did anyone else have this problem and if so how did you fix it.  And YES I did use sand paper on the ends of the blades, I even used rubbing alcohol just to make sure there was on oil left on the blade.  Any help that you can give will be appreciated.

Marg

Hi, Marg,

I looked for images and reviews on the internet and, the five year warranty makes me

think they must stand behind their product.

Perhaps you just got a bad set of blade clamps. One review I read stated they returned

two before they got the third one that was in good shape.

If it isn't too much of a hassle, I think I would call the company to pick this one up and

deliver another.

Good luck and God Bless! Spirithorse

I will Larry as soon as I do it, at the moment I cannot even get to to it because Terry's got another project to do and he's got all this wood everywhere (Except for my area of course) that I can't even get to his scroll saw.  Hopefully next weekend now.  He only gets weekends to do things in the garage until the longer / warmer days get here.

Marg

Well I managed to get my hot little hands on the saw yesterday and I gave it  the sand paper treatment and some rubbing alcohol for good measure and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks guys.  The bottom clamp is a  :evil:  of a thing to get to but I did the best I could, beats me why they make them that hard when they know you have to change blades.

Marg

I bought one last year when my otherone broke down do not reccomend it at all very slow.Worse tool I ever bought !!

My husband got it for himself, he just wanted a cheap one,  just to help him with small projects or when he's making his cars.  If he wants large things done he asks me and I do them on my saws.

Marg