Wood working pattern site ,huge

amazingkevin

Be careful and do some checking on this. Heard alot of negative about it. Don't really know too much about it. Always thought it seemed too good to be true.  Do some checking and decide for yourself. Here is one review I looked at.

http://www.gosureviews.com/teds-woodworking-review-scam-alert/

Here is a woodworking For Mere Mortals take also.

http://www.woodworkingformeremortals.com/2012/04/teds-woodworking-fraud.html

Edited by jscottj

Total scam.  They are a collection of pirated patterns from magazines and plans collected all over the internet.  They change their name every once in awhile and repackage it.  But it's all the same thing.  I got a hold of one of these DVDs and it's worthless.  Here's Steve's explanation:

Travis, thanks for posting this video. I've been to "Ted's" site and felt it was probably not legitimate.  Unfortunately I doubt if any corporations are going to be dealing with this any time soon. I think the best we can do is to spread the word through sites like SSV and let other know what this is all about.

Jim

Boy has this been a can of worms! :cry:

No worries.  It's good to bring up from time to time.  As Jim says, it's good to spread the word about scams like this.  You see these advertised on Facebook a lot too.  But when you're new to woodworking, it looks like an amazing deal.  Communities like this can steer people away from things like this.  Save your money and buy a new tool instead.  You'll be happier.

I'd like to boast about SSV.  Unlike Ted's Woodworking, we have 2500+ FREE patterns which are all 100% completely legit.  :)