CWC and SSWC Magazines

bonacker

It seems true that the company that publishes Creative Woodworks and Crafts has filed for bankruptcy. Too bad because it was very useful, much moreso than Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts. Is SSWC all we have left? Anybody heard anything about whether CWC might be picked up by someone else? Perhaps there aren't enough of us scrollers to keep it in circulation.

It seems true that the company that publishes Creative Woodworks and Crafts has filed for bankruptcy. Too bad because it was very useful, much moreso than Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts. Is SSWC all we have left? Anybody heard anything about whether CWC might be picked up by someone else? Perhaps there aren't enough of us scrollers to keep it in circulation.

Go back to August 10th, there is a post CWCM - (Creative Woodworks...       ) check that out for comments. 

My problem with SSWC is that they seem obsessed with puzzle making and toys for kids. They'll throw in an intarsia item occasionally, but I haven't found anything I was interested in making for about 2 years straight. I cancelled my subscription last Spring because it had become so elemental. Perhaps the better patternmakers who contributed to CWC will now show up in SSWC as it is the only place they can go. If that happens, I'll be sure to resubscribe.

Yes CWC will be greatly missed.  I have seen on FB that a number of the designers are trying to create a e-zine.  Also SSWC is suppose to come out with an e-zine special issue later this month.  I think we will be seeing e-zines alot in the future.

BTW no connection to any of the enterprises mentioned above.

There is an ezine that has been put together on facebook and is available from http://www.intarsiascrollsawezine.com  The first issue that was put out in September was free and is available at this site.  Next three issues are going to be $7.50 for the three issues.  The October issue will be available shortly

Edited by aubec