Had a Killer Craft Faire

dansnow

This past weekend was the 2 day Harvest Festival at Davis Ranch east of Sacramento. It started off a little slow Saturday, opened at 9 and we didn't have our first sale until a little after 11am. Business was slow but steady so by the time it closed at 5pm we were sitting at 50% of the sales from last year so we weren't worried  until we heard the weather forecast for Sunday. 20mph winds plus gusts to 30mph. 

We were under cover and had folks around us so the wind was a minimal hazard for us. A couple of vendors had major wind damage which was sad to see.

Business was modest till around noon, then we got busy and stayed that way for a good 3 hours. By the time we closed up our booth we tallied up and we were a full third over last years sales! YEE HAW!!

This faire paid for our booth at the upcoming Dickens Faire in Old Elk Grove the Saturday after Thanks giving. In one day 9-4 last year we did about $900! Looking forward to it this year. We'll have several new items, as well as some that sold well last year. 

post-17477-0-31338800-1413258753_thumb.jpg

post-17477-0-37256000-1413258754_thumb.jpg

post-17477-0-30699000-1413258755_thumb.jpg

post-17477-0-35647500-1413258756_thumb.jpg

Edited by dansnow

Dan first of congratulations on a good showing.  Great pictures of your setup.  It is always good to be prepared for some inclement weather when set up for outside.  Lots of folks do not pay close enough attention to the weather and suffer for it.  Dan your items look great.  Thank you for sharing this with us.

DW 

I'm totally impressed with your vast display of quality pieces. Every inch of your tables was loaded with treasured eye candy! I'd of been really proud to have a showing of work this good. Glad you made some penny's. That always help's. The dark green table cloths really set the projects off nicely, Good job.! Thanks so much for the pictures.It helps inspire us to get out there and set it up somewhere and join in the fun out of the sun!. I'll bet the compliments were outstanding! :cool:

Thanks for the kind words folks. Lin and I are constantly tweaking the setup, trying not to crowd the tables. We found the table covers onlline for $19 each. They hang all the way to the ground on all sides of a standard 6' folding table. They're polyester so when we get home we just toss them in the washer, no wrinkles!!