9 Inch 6 Lobed Pine and Appleply Bowl

DWSUDEKUM

The perfect bowl for passing the chips / popcorn / trail mix.  The bowl is 9 in. in diameter and has convenient handles.  Cut from 3/4 Pine and 3/4 Appleply.  Sealed with Tung Oil and shellac and top coated with lacquer.

9in6lobewingbowl_003.jpg

9in6lobewingbowl_005.jpg

9in6lobewingbowl_007.jpg

9in6lobewingbowl_009.jpg

DW

Edited by DWSUDEKUM

DW, i'd love to see a works in progress wooden blank before you cut it.I just can't picture what it would look like flat.This ones been quality controlled from the start.It's truely amazing that you can out do the last bowl you do everytime!

The bowl blank really is not difficult.  The pine and the appleply are all 3/4 inch thick x 11 inches long x 3 inches wide.  I glued the pine to both sides of the long sides of the appleply so that I had a pine,appleply,pine board 3/4 inches thick x 9 inches wide x 11 inches long.  From there I carefully centered the pattern.  The rings were 3/8 so with the wood 3/4 thick the angle to cut the rings is 26.5 degrees left side down.  Wish I had a video camera so that I could make a video tutorial on the process,alas I can not afford one at the moment.

DW