BUILDING A ..TOY.. PETERBILT TRUCK QUESTION.. :+}

danny

Bought the plans from Toymakingplans.com and very satisfied with the completeness of each page.  Would you believe there are 43 pages?  I HAVE NEVER BUILT A TOY like this.   It will be for my Great Grand-Son who is 4.  I would APPREACIATE any advice on Anything that would make this Venture Fun to do.  Thanks in Advance...........Danny  :+}

Great ,lets see the toy your going to build .To bad greasemonkeyredneck is'nt around , He specializes in projects with mega multi pages and modifies everyone to his liking! If that helps any.You might find his e-mail in the members  under his name.He's disabled bad and keeps his mind on his work and off the pain.I think he to is in Alabama too.Travis used to keep in touch with him.I think trabvis even seen his humongous shop loaded with timber.Ok i did the footwork for you,he's in vicksburg mississippi and you can contact him and also veiw the projects he's done at http://wddsrfinewoodworks.blogspot.com/ Now i know that's got to help!

Edited by amazingkevin

I have this project currently under construction. I work on it sporadically when taking a break from the craft fair projects. It's my fourth project from their plans.

CAUTION: Double check dimensions by measuring the drawings, as on previous plans I found a couple typos on dimensions. I Hate cutting parts twice.

Since I actually drove big rigs for 8 months I'm modifying mine by detailing the interior of the cab and sleeper areas. I will also be modifying the trailer by giving it a real looking fifth wheel, as well as making the the doors look more like what you would find on a dry van.

post-17477-0-94482000-1415241564_thumb.jpg

post-17477-0-07376100-1415241571_thumb.jpg

post-17477-0-61304800-1415241577_thumb.jpg

post-17477-0-32695100-1415241583_thumb.jpg

Hello DanSnow............Where do you buy the Wheels for the Tractor and Trailor?  Went to the suggested website and was going to order till I got to the Shipping cost.  Couldn't believe the cost of 36 wheels (1inch high and 1/2 wide) was $6 and the shipping was $9.  Didn't order.  So looking for a less expensive way to go.  Any help would be great.                 Danny  :+}

Dan have you thought of a broom handle saw off 1/2 inch pieces then use a saw type hole cutter and drill the hole and form the Tyre groove with the cutter if you know what I mean. I turn my own wheels on a lathe but the hole cutter way will work if you clamp the off cuts from the handle and then put a nut and bolt through the wheel hole and put the bolt in a drill to sand it and put grooves for tyres.  Roly 

I order about 90% of my wheels from American Woodcrafters Suppy. Here is there page for the wheels I'm using for my truck:

http://www.americanwoodcrafterssupply.com/catalog/?112_treaded_wheels_14_hole&show=product&productID=269407&productCategoryIDs=5977,5979

Shipping to California is $7.50. I usually order several different size wheels at once so shipping doesn't hurt so much.

here are a couple other places. I have ordered from both. I usually buy different sizes as well to make up for shipping. I am fortunate though that the second one is about a half hour drive from me.

http://www.craftparts.com/index.php - http://www.bayerwood.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35_139&products_id=1614&osCsid=0666a4e8a073f1340d58553745f0f9b5