Anew effort

heppnerguy

My last post was of the fish I made for my friend. It was a combination of intarsia with a scrolled background. I kind of liked that idea and my daughter was after a gift for a friend of hers. She wanted a bear scene of some kind so I looked up a pattern of bears walking together. The pattern was one from JGR, which I purchased several years ago and have made 3 of them as gifts. This time I wanted to make something a little different than anything I had made or seen before so I decided to do another intarsia/scroll item. Because I already had the bear I wanted and I am not very creative, I started to search our pattern library here and see if I could find a scrolled background that I could incorporate with my bear. Thanks to the great patterns made and posted by Grampa, I used the one from his wolf pattern listed under the 'animal' folder. Thanks Paul, for posting it. I hope it was OK to incorporate it in my piece. I thought it was exactly what i was looking for. So without further ado, here is what i came up with

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-66471200-1415403921_thumb.png