Wanted to share my ONLY CRAFT SHOW RESULTS....:+}

danny

Well this past weekend ended out One and Only Craft Show for this Year.  Good that I was Blessed with a PROFIT of

$600.00 take home.  Yea!  Was TRYING TO PUSH for a Thousand,  BUT....   Still Happy anyway.  I did learn a thing or two though.  I made a TOTAL of 280 Christmas Ornaments.  5 different designs and cut form 4 to 5 of each.  Well I priced them at $1.00 each and sold ALL but FOUR.  Cool.  Yea! None of them were COMPLICATED at cutting.  Had MANY plaques and Religious Crafts that I thought was FAIR at between $20 to $30 Dollars.  Sold SOME, but brought MOST home that DID NOT SELL.  cRY.  cRY....    Think I really figured out the system for next year.  ONLY SPEND OUR TIME CUTTING A CRAFT THAT THE MOST OF THE PUBLIC WILL LIKE AND ....CUT A LOT....OF THEM.... AND SELL BETWEEN a buck and five. 

Well this is my  13 cents for now, so I look forward to reading all your replys..............Danny  :+}

Now you got me thinking! Ornaments ,quick an easy,quick an easy nativity scene's,Christmas boxes,Muscle cars & portraits,hum? sounds good to me.I showed the landlady a big hand full of ornanments. I could see right off she wasn't going to give them back!How much came out of her mouth quick when she seen the variety.I told her free for you,ha ha ha !ho ho ho ! I can do that!Thanks for the info ,i'm working on it!

I do two craft fairs a year.  I have items priced from $3.00 to $60. Except for ornaments most items are in the $15 to $30 range.  I had sales of over $1,000 on Nov 1st.  Not bad for a $35 booth fee.  I have done this show every year for the last 8 years.  My ornaments sell for $5 and up and accounted for about 1/3rd my total income.  If you want to have sales of $1,000 you need to expect to bring at least $2,500 to $3,000 or more in inventory.  You also need to establish yourself and grow a customer base.  I have many repeat customers.  That will only happen by going to the same show year after year.  Even with that there will be good shows, great shows and terrible shows.  The public taste changes. Things that don't sell this year jump off the shelf 3 years later.  There is no magic pill. 

Thanks all for the input. I am setting up at the first craft -show I have done for decades this coming Sunday, at a church.

I do have some religious (nativity) based and a few ornaments that are general.

I also will have a lot of general items, including yard things-(mason bee houses, bird houses, planters, carriers etc.) available with my cards and brochures.

The fee was one donation item ($20+ range )--to be raffled and 10% of my sales--Honor system!

I had been there last year as strictly consignment, not a booth-- they talked me into it this year.

I will be posting in the BRAGGIN or CRYING-OUT-LOUD-- sections by late next Sunday!

Oh! we do not have a crying room! Oh well I might be there anyway@!

I HAVE A CRAFT SALE COMING UP ON THE 20TH I AM TAKEING NATIVITY SCENES AND A FUEW OTHER ITEMS /THIS SALE IS A FREEBY AND THEY FURNISH LUNCH, IT IS AT A RETIREMENT CENTER/NURSING HOME li USEALLY DO A LITTLE BETTER THAN $100 NOT TOO BAD BEING A FREEBY AND FREE LUNCH.

THE MAIN THING IS THAT I ENJOY IT IF I DON;T SELL ANYTHING I WILL GO BACK NEXT YEAR

Edited by ike