scroll saw problems DW 788

ike

about a week ago my dw 788 started to make funny noises and wouldn't cut  straight so I took it to the repair shop. They finally got it back to me today I am glad because it was still in warranty just barely. So I can go back cutting except the cold front is coming thru maybe I will get out and make something during the 44 * weather. I am now going to some auctions and get a back up saw. hind sight is 20/20

Been there---DONE THAT! When my hands locked up I had to go I ! Wore heavy boots and a [pair of insulated coveralls. There was no way to heat a tin garden shed-- especially at MINUS ZERO TEMPS! My drillpress howled-- I would turn it on and let it run BEFORE I tried to use it!

Forties was not too bad-- did not kill equipment like the extreme cold does!

I am so lucky. Went to my shop a few minutes ago.   20 degree F. but I have a woodstove in my shop. started the fire will return in a couple of minutes. Had a small fire in the stove yesterday, Outside it was 14 degrees. My workbench is close enough to the door that I can open and close it without leaving the my saw. I cut with the door partially open, yesterday.

Dick

heppnerguy

I have my Scroll saws in the basement till I get a garage built. While it is cold and snowing this weekend I plan on being down stairs scrolling looking outside every once in a while to see the snow. :D  Planning on a small room in the front of the garage that will be easy to heat when I get it built. ;)  ;)

Not to be a smart a++ but when I take anything in for repair ,I tell them I want a detailed found ,fixed list when I pick it up along with the replaced parts ,not fool proof but does cut down on the shanagans ! Otherwise you are at their mercy ,and never know what they did ! Been around too many shops and heard some not so funny stories !