making for Christmas presents.

heppnerguy

this is the first of 3 of these Wine display pieces that I am making as secondary Christmas gifts. An interesting and a little challenging for me but also a learning experience. I thought it was kind of a pretty piece and I purchased it from Berry Basket. I have found several patterns that I am going to be purchasing from them. I am just going to spray a non gloss finish on it.

reposted a couple of sections down  got the photos on there now  sorry for the boo boo

Dick

heppnerguy

Edited by heppnerguy

I am not a wine drinker. but the ones I made it for are. The wine pictured, I am told, is a pretty good wine and I am saving it for you, Roly. whenever you decide to come to The States and visit me

Dick

heppnerguy

Yes Dick it's a shame Concorde is out of action I could be there in an hour. :) Roly

I know you will probably do an even better job than I. It is just one hole at a time. be sure and check the thickness of your wood and compare it with the slots, before you cut the slots. It took about 5 hours for me to cut it but I did not stack cut it, as i will do for the next one I make.  Hope this helps some. It is not a difficult piece to cut but it is a pretty good ornate piece when you finish it. email if you have any questions. Love to see the results of your work. 

Darn, Dick, that made me just go order that pattern.  I live in the heart of a big wine area in Washington, I'm sure I can find someone that likes it, if I can do anywhere near as nice a job as you did.

Dick

heppnerguy

Ralph,

This project is not passed your skills as it is one hole at a time.. keeping that in mind it is just how much time you want to put into something. Patience you have, as I have seen some of your work and that should not be a problem. it is just saying that piece would be worth my time and you will find you can do it

Dick

heppnerguy