My first portrait

perezidentualwood

Time patterning,framing and cutting,staining ,clear coating,sanding, cost of wood, etc .come up to what ever you like.I'v seen flat rates oF $60.00 and others starting at $100.00.Ive yourself a low ball park figure as to how little you would sell it for and then what would be too much for it.Somewhere in between is your price.Special occasions call get more like marriage,first birthday,etcOne scroller charges $35 just to pattern it.Someone else will chime in with their 2 cents worth .

Hi I don't know what the fees are In the US but out in Canada are about 100 including frame.You might want to go to Kerrysworld and look at their prices. It all depends on how much time it takes you and if you feel generous to give them to relatives.You could do 3or 4 at a time on one cut using one eighth Baltic birch.that is what I do when I do portraits.Hope this helps.Damian

for me, I do family things for free if it is for the one that is wanting it. If they are ordering it for a gift for others, I charge them what ever I would charge anyone off the street. A portrait is always worth $50 for single person like you did. I am not much of a pattern maker myself but I have done a few, somewhat successfully. Charge what you think you would pay for it if it was you buying. Not sure that helps much but it is my take on your question. Family is very valuable and you have just discovered how difficult it is to  loose one of yours. i am truly sorry for your loss.  You did a wonderful job on the pattern and cut. It is a great likeness

Dick

heppnerguy