Blade Problems

Scrappile

I use and love the FD New Spiral 3/0 blade.  It is my favorite blade, but, lately I have been having a problem with them.  When I put a new blade in, at least 50% of the time when I tighten the blade the bottom or top will bend and crimp.  That means throw it away because it will break off as soon as I start the saw.  I think it has something to do with the twist at the end.  When I first started using them I didn't seem to have any problem.  I checked the alignment and the blade is 90' to the table.  This is the second batch of these blades, no problem with the first dozen or so I purchased.  Any suggestions.

i'm guessing but somewhere i think i read that a skip tooth blade helps tremendously.Makes sence to get rid of the saw dust in the cut to cool the blade and such.I would try a #12 for starters and then go down.I've even cut band saw blades 5" .Use a thick one to lessen the bending or adjust to suit your needs .That's my  cents worth.Hope it helps .But you can e-mail mike at" mikes workshop.com" ,he knows his blades

Edited by amazingkevin

I'm Totally with Larry on this ,some thing in your clamps has changed ,spirals will twist  or untwist a little but skewing and bending is a clamps screw pivot gone bad or a set screw has backed out  could be one of each on different ends ,if pivot , won't ,It wll grab at the last sec. and cause that problem to ,backed out set screw leaves an automatic bender for any normal scrollsaw blade ,while your at it add a slight smear of ANTI SEIZE to just you clamping screw s

I checked the allen screws and was very surprised how easily they move so yes I went to the store and picked up some blue Permatex to put on the threads.  Cleaned the srews up and also the thumb screws and maybe that will fix my problem.  So far so good.  I also ordered some new screws to have on hand.

Thanks again all for your help.