Blades?

kkrunde

I am proud to say that Mike is a personal friend of mine.  We have coffee together at least weekly.  Mike is the sole distributer of Niqua blades in the USA.  He does have several dealers around the world who obviously get their FD blades at wholesale.  They are free to set their own retail price.  It is entirely possible that one can buy Niqua blades cheaper because of the pricing structure.  I say go for it.,  Mike does sell directly to customers and provides  a quantity discount.   You can visit his website at www.mikesworkshop.com or email him at Mike@mikesworkshop.com .

The dimple on the Ultra Reverse blades is a relatively new innovation, less than two years old, I believe  This was done because of complaints that users had a hard time determing which end was up, especially with the smaller blades.  Hope this helps.

I don't know one way or the other whether the Niqua blades are the same as the FD ones all I can say is that the FD blades myself and several others in the UK bought From Mikes workshop recently have had lot's of breakages whilst I have not experienced that problem with the Niqua ones purchased from Hobbies in the UK.

We have had several threads on this subject in the UK forum and a couple of people there stated they had emailed Mikes workshop about the problem and not received any reply?

I am not making this up, what would be the point I have no axe to grind here, maybe we were just unlucky and have received a batch of blades that were a little to brittle or something? But it is a little disappointing when one buys something that others recommend and they don't work as they should.

With hindsight perhaps I should not have aired my experiences about these blades here as I appear to be the only one who has not been 100% in favour of the FD blades and I am going to be thought of as a bit of a maverick! :)

the blades that i sent to you are Flying Dutchman blades. They are double tooth blades that I like to use because they are not as aggressive as some of the others. You should get them, with the wood by the end of the week or the first of next week, Have fun with it and show us what you decide to make

Dick

heppnerguy