Moved the drill press :)

kkrunde

We are moving everything from the basement to a "finished" carport for me to work.  Our basement has mold issues and I have asthma.  Anyway, I'm a sewing teacher (among all the other jobs I have) and I use to collect old sewing machine.  I have been selling the collection off, but decided to keep the base to an old treadle sewing machine.  Today Hubby attached a piece of MDF (I think I'm out of MDF to scroll now) to the base and attached my drill press.  It works great and I love how it looks!!!

Thanks for looking :)

post-23698-0-46312000-1416591610_thumb.jpg

We are moving everything from the basement to a "finished" carport for me to work.  Our basement has mold issues and I have asthma.  Anyway, I'm a sewing teacher (among all the other jobs I have) and I use to collect old sewing machine.  I have been selling the collection off, but decided to keep the base to an old treadle sewing machine.  Today Hubby attached a piece of MDF (I think I'm out of MDF to scroll now) to the base and attached my drill press.  It works great and I love how it looks!!!

Thanks for looking :)

attachicon.gifDSC01452 (330x1024).jpg

Hi Kelly, hubby made a fine job of mounting the drill press and a good idea of yours in the fist place. I take it it has castors on so you can move it around. A great joint effort. Sorry to hear you have an asthma problem. Watch out when you're using MDF, nasty dust!!!  Both of you keep well and take care.

Rob Roy.

Kelly that was a good idea.  You know that before we had electric scroll saws we had treadle saws.  The bases of those old sewing machines can be converted to a treadle scroll saw fairly easily.  Glad you are getting set up in an area that is less conducive to setting off your asthma.  Even in the finished carport, please remember, saw dust is the enemy and must be contained and controlled.  Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW

I'm surrounded with my tools at an arms length away.once i get in the scrolling position i am happy as a bird with a french fry.I 'll sit there all day till i run out of something.I love mdf but the dust is too harmful so i avoid using it.You too are a real team! i thing another scroll saw is in order don't you thing ! Friendly competiton, dualing scroll saws.Soon you'll have to show us your saw dust pile your growing,lol Beautiful drill press Looks like it has all the bells and whistles on it!You really a mover band a shaker when it comes to getting things done,Bravo!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks for the compliments :)

Yes I do wear a mask and goggles when I work.  I don't normally have issues with my goggles fogging up, but the last few times I have, not sure what the difference is.... maybe the temp in the room.

We don't have any tools.... I should make a complete list and put it on my profile, so that when I ask for help, people know what I have to work with.  :)  

Hubby built helicopters (big search and rescue ones and ones for governments) for a living, so most of our tool collection is related to the work he did, nothing much for wood working.  Big equipment wise we have a table saw, scroll saw, and the drill press... that is it.  The rest is just small hand tool stuff.

Have a great day :)