Portrait's Sale:::

ubgoofy2003

Just wondering if someone could give an opinion on a portrait that I'm doing. I have sold one portrait of a two person portrait to a friend & was wondering if I'm charging them a reasonable price for it. It is approx. 12x12 in. on 1/4 in BBirch ply with hand made frame. I charged my friend $100 dollars for theirs & their friend wants me to do one for them. I am planning on asking $25.00 more for theirs. I don't know them, but, my friend suggested me to them, so I didn't want to charge the same. Maybe I should give my friend a reward for getting me a customer.  What do you think?  I will show the portrait that I am going to do. Just want some input or guidance on doing these portraits. Thanks so much for any response.  Take Care 

I'll try to get the portrait that I finished & add it here also.

post-22424-0-24393900-1416697794_thumb.jpg

post-22424-0-21657400-1416697999_thumb.jpg

Edited by ubgoofy2003

My opinion is I would find a price that I would pay for something like this if I thought was a fare enough price to entice me to buy. I am retired so i may not pay what others would. but i know that for one person I would charge $75 to $100. for two people in the photo i would Charge $100 -  $150,  I would not charge a friend more than i would a stranger though, It would be more instead of less. To Get an 8 X 12 photograph printed from a photographer it would be at least $100 and the wood portraits is a lot more labor intensive than a photographer goes through. A portrait is way more unique, in my opinion. So that is my take on it.

Dick

heppnerguy

I thank all for your good advice & comments. I think I will go with your ideas & charge more for the other couples portrait, since they are not close friends & I will not charge the same as my friend. Thanks so much & am enjoying doing portraits.  I like the way they turn out & it is a challenge for me.  Take care & will post the portrait when I complete it. Take Care