Making multiples for portrait

Around the corner

Just finished doing 5 at same time to give to family on both sides for first birthday in Dec kinda like a x-mas and birthday all in one.Used Coyote program and enlarged using Rapid resizer to make fit in frame.I stack cutted the picture to get 4 and did one by itself cause I forgot one member till after I thought of person.Im sure they all will be pleased and a good keepsake for years to come.Just love doing portraits cause of the challenge to make it lifelike.I watch sales at Michaels to get 40% off frames one at a time

post-23657-0-51596900-1416769992_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that I find Coyote some days difficult.I was asking Ron what he uses cause he turns them out so fast.If I find another program thats faster with less work I will go there.Maybe Im not using it right but Im getting the job done but its better than when I started I used to do them on a plastic sheet with a light in a box and trace the effects throgh on paper then cut so Im advancing as time goes on.I guess Im too hard on myself as I want less time in office and more time in shop

Just finished doing 5 at same time to give to family on both sides for first birthday in Dec kinda like a x-mas and birthday all in one.Used Coyote program and enlarged using Rapid resizer to make fit in frame.I stack cutted the picture to get 4 and did one by itself cause I forgot one member till after I thought of person.Im sure they all will be pleased and a good keepsake for years to come.Just love doing portraits cause of the challenge to make it lifelike.I watch sales at Michaels to get 40% off frames one at a time

Superb work Damian,very well cut. By the way, I'm Roy from Scotland so a big welcome to the forum. Hope you're enjoying it here.

Rob Roy.

I'm impressed ! The first top left picture was on top of the stack and the one to the right of it was on the bottom of the stack it looks to me.Your scrolling skills are shooting thru the ceiling good.I'd love to know what wood and thickness  and what blade you used to get quality cuts stacked so thick, also what speed the saw was on.Everything is right on and only the slightest devieation can be seen from top to bottom is almost unheard of.You've really masterd the technic of stack cutting i can assure you ! Very excellent job well done by a newbee scroller!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Five stars for you :) :) :) :)

Thanks all for your remarks.Really enjoyed doing this one , Ive done stacking before but never this many at one time so it was a challenge and did not want to miscut as 4 pieces would be ruined.I used my magnifying light on my saw a few times as holes got close to the tearing out .Took my time and kept focussed locking the door to the garage so nobody could disturb.I found that cutting more than 3 is really not anymore difficult cause it takes a little longer to cut and  you cant speed down the line. i set the speed at 4 on my dewalt and using #5 double tooth reverse I cut it out of one eighth baltic burch.I use green painting tape first   the pattern spray glued next thenuse clear packaging tape on both sides to keep everything from moving and puts a wax coating on blade every time on up and down movements keeps blade cool also.Then I use a heat gun to get all tape off.

I hope this helps some who want to try this as its not that hard and saves alot of time to have many to sell or give away.

Thanks Kevin for your kind remarks

Edited by Around the corner