Delta P20

I purchased a Delta P20 scroll saw over the weekend that I would swear had never even had a blade in it. I set it up Sunday and had one of Paul’s patterns prepped and ready to cut so I made a few cuts to test it out in 1/4" plywood stacked 4 X thick. WOW!!!!!! What a machine, I wish I had gotten one of these years ago. Hardly any vibration and after cutting for a couple hours my arms didn't even ache like they do on my other saws!

I broke the loc-line adapter loading the saw so I rigged an airline till I can get repairs for that but the saw works flawlessly and I am thrilled not only to have a bigger saw but to have one that is a joy to run.

I love Craig’s list, I picked it up in Lincoln for $80.

post-19286-0-06628600-1416856407_thumb.jpg

I've wanted the p20 since i joined SSV.I understand it's belt driven.I really love the spring clamp blade holders of the delta's They are the best holders for spirals i've ever found.There's one here in craigs list fot $100.00.I've  been inquiring about a trade off but no responce.This is the machine that inspired my love of doing letters way back in 2009.

I've wanted the p20 since i joined SSV.I understand it's belt driven.I really love the spring clamp blade holders of the delta's They are the best holders for spirals i've ever found.There's one here in craigs list fot $100.00.I've  been inquiring about a trade off but no responce.This is the machine that inspired my love of doing letters way back in 2009.

The one I purchased was advertised at $150 then they dropped it to $100. I offered $80 and they took it without hesitation.

You do change the speeds by changing the belt from step to step on the pulleys but I don’t change the speeds while I am cutting anyway so this is no problem for me. I just set thee speed where I need it for the material I am cutting and go.

As for the blade clamps they are the slickest I have used. I had never been able to top load the blade into the hole before and can do it with ease with this saw. I don’t even have to swing the lighted magnifying lamp out of the way. Wow!! So much faster, I can make sawdust in a hurry with saw.

Whoa, You tempting me to pawn something to get this ,BUT is this the same set up as the chinese saws with single arm movement with  a connecting link in the back.They wear out way to fast with me.I've gone true a dozen saws set up like that as there's no way to lubricate them.After finding this problem out i modified the saw to where i could lub it but it does not help.Poorly designed piviot point were way to tiny and the least litle play acts like a knife on the bushings,self destructing.

Kevin, take a look at the picture. The oil cups shown on the side of the saw is where the pivot points are. The book says to put a couple drops of oil in the cups about every 20 hours of machine use. I figure I will do it every week even thou I probably won’t use it 20 hours a week.