Finished my Christmas Box

heppnerguy

This is a Sheila Landry pattern, Christmas Box. I decided to make it for my wife to add to our Christmas decorations, every year. I made this using Alder wood and a #5 double tooth Penguin blade by Flying Dutchman. I gave it a coat of of lemon oil followed by 4 coats of spray shellac. Took me longer to cut than I had anticipated, but to my wife, it was worth it

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-11834000-1417021359_thumb.png

post-2238-0-71088400-1417021415_thumb.png

Very nice. That makes me want to try and make my first box.

Boxes are interesting to make. They are not my favorite things to make but one of my favorite items to display and to give to someone. I have 6 of my wedding boxes that are going to be in the Scroll saw magazine coming up soon. that is a nice recognition for me, as I know my work is not nearly as good as so many of the other scroller here in THE VILLAGE. There are many free box patterns out there too. I am glad you liked my little box to interest you in making one, yourself. Good luck on yours, when you decide to give it a whirl. My influencing you is a big honor to me. 

Dick

heppnerguy