It's just a little owl!

scrimper

very nice sure she will love it i like it also do you own the shepard you have for picture i love them too thanks for shareing

Hello Ann

Thanks. Yes the GSD is Max we took him on after a cruel previous owner dumped him in the countryside where he was found starving and wounded, he turned out to be a brilliant loyal dog who actually saved our lives in a house fire 12 months after we rescued him!

Oh I just love that , I have the book of wild life plates for the scroll saw, what wood did you use, I think I would like to make those plates as you have with a base and frame. There is no place I can find in England that sells ready made plates.

You have done a great job don,t down yourself , you have inspired me to try this out. Linda

what wood did you use, I think I would like to make those plates as you have with a base and frame. There is no place I can find in England that sells ready made plates.

Hi Linda

It's just recycled stuff that was thrown away by others but treasure to me! The owl part is some old plywood from the sides of a chest of drawers it had some old veneer on but underneath it was good ply so I removed the veneer with a chisel and cleaned it up with a random orbital sander. the backing and surround was an old mahogany door frame that was given to me as firewood! (the frame is actually made of 4 strips glued side by side but as the grain is the same you can't see the join) I get much more satisfaction from salvaged wood than if I bought new timber.