This is cheating but very quick

Jumpjet1127

I made this present for Christmas, I cheated as I didn't make the bowl I haven't got the time before Christmas to cut the bowl so I went to the home ware store and bought a salad bowl. The wood is from the rubber wood tree. I cut the scroll on my scroll saw and my bandsaw sanded it and there you are a bowl for the ladies to keep their wool clean and stops it rolling around the floor. A knitting bowl. After Christmas I will make a bowl the pattern is in the scrollsaw and crafts magazine summer 2014.

post-23599-0-68696000-1417872940_thumb.jpg

post-23599-0-66283200-1417872956_thumb.jpg

Thank you lads, it was a bit hard scrolling a ready made bowl that was bigger than the original pattern as I had to do it inside the bowl and the lip of the bowl kept touching the top of the scroll saw as I couldn't get down to do the small curve my bandsaw came to the rescue to be able to finish it off. Linda

Edited by Jumpjet1127

I like what you were able to do with the bowl, making a specialized item out of it. Looks great and will be appreciated for some time to come. I don't see it as much different from scrolling a piece and putting it into a purchased frame..A difficult project to cut but problem solved and a great present for someone

Dick

heppnerguy

Kevin when I first got the bandsaw I was not careful enough and I got wrapped on the nuckles by a round piece of wood flying off the blade, since then I talk to myself all the time I am using it saying watch where your fingers are and now I dominate the bandsaw and make it do what I want, but I know what you are saying . As I am scared of my router I haven't taken it out of it's box , but Rob Roy said to me take the router out and play about with it with out a a bit in it , and I am thinking of all the things I could make with it, Linda.