Nativity Screws

Phantom Scroller

Made this one in 1" BALTIC PLY  and screwed a base to the back not a good idea so now I need suggestions on how to hide the screws something to glue over the top perhaps , this should be interesting bring it on folks. Roly 

Nice one Roly. Have you got plug cutters????. Or enlarge the holes a wee bit bigger and make wood buttons to cover the screw heads.

Just a thought Roly .

Rob Roy.

Nice one Roly. Have you got plug cutters????. Or enlarge the holes a wee bit bigger and make wood buttons to cover the screw heads.

Just a thought Roly .

Rob Roy.

Thought of the one Rob this is ply and the cutter would probably splinter the surface and then there's matching the wood for plugs and trimmings then off. If it was hardwood I would have gone for that idea but not on ply,thanks for the input anyway. So far it's the cap or stick on grass idea I'm thinking about. Roly

Thought of the one Rob this is ply and the cutter would probably splinter the surface and then there's matching the wood for plugs and trimmings then off. If it was hardwood I would have gone for that idea but not on ply,thanks for the input anyway. So far it's the cap or stick on grass idea I'm thinking about. Roly

The hay twisted into a kind of roll along the bottom to cover the screws sounds good Roly.

Rob Roy.

Can you cut the screws to length an put in from the back?

Carl with the width of the base at the back we are talking 3" screws and I'm fresh out of them and the only reason I didn't glue it together was because I put a cloth backing on it and it would not have held hence the screws. I was winging it as I was making it I'm afraid.  :lol:

Very nice!
I would remove the screws, drill the holes out with a large enough bit for the screw heads to recess into,

replace the screws and paint white over them. If you drill slightly deeper than the heads of the screws,

you can also add scroll saw dust mixed with glue (plain elmers or wood glue), fill the hole and then

paint it white.

Good luck and God Bless! Spirithorse

I like the font over the piece or the 'ad the camel' or something like that, idea.. that would give it a 3D affect. Or you could take out the screws and countersink the holes and replace the screws and then ad a wood plug and paint it..or just cut it over again and change the cloth backing with a wooden one and glue it

Dick

heppnerguy