50th Anniversary

Around the corner

Finally after many family functions I managed to get back to the shop and finish this project I have been working on for some time.Making a frame from scratch  and learning how to blend two different images on one to fit a frame was a challenge.The bonnett  on her head took xtra time as holes were so close and I didnt  want to paint them on.I have never seen a hair piece like that cause I guess it was the style 50 years ago.Had to do a little lying to get the photos,thank goodness for digital cameras to steal the shots.Wood frame was from a scrap piece of oak plywood and photos done in one eighth baltic birch  with front glass routered in frame and black felt glued to baltic birch on very back.After that many years of marriage brother inlaw and sister  inlaw should have something to look back and say we did it.Project was a challenge but well worth it for their anniversary next year! :)

post-23657-0-88025700-1418148568_thumb.jpg

Thanks kevin your very generous with your compliments.Im sure you have work that surpasses mine by far.Well I can hope they like it.I have made other projects for other family relatives and not even got a thank you or something to say they got it,But thanks for the great words  and Ill keep pumping out projects just because its part of my life and scrolling rocks! :)

50th anniversary's are so special. and your cutting will make it even better. Not many people today seem to put their marriages in such an important place and there are many divorces. When someone makes it this far it is because they worked at it. through all the hard times they have made the decision to continue to love one another and work things out, instead of throwing in the towel. God bless this couple. Your plaque will be the most cherished gift they will receive, I bet. Their kids will also cherish it long after they have parted from this Earth, of that I am pretty sure too. Nicely done tribute.

Dick'

heppnerguy