new saw!!

Savannah Scroller

Finally the EX-21 arrived.It cuts like a dream! It took me several hrs to figure out how to assemble that darn stand!! I never was good at assembling things. I know thats funny seeing how I was a Boiler Room Operator /Mech. for 35 years. Anyway the only thing I was suprized about was that the saw did not come with a light. You would think for $900 it would have the light too. I checked and they want $90 for the light plus shipping!! Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper light that will work good?

I slapped a piece of 3/4 ply between the stand and saw so I would have a place to keep blades, etc. handy.  I use PVC for blade holders.  I have a clamp on magnifier light you can see in the left part of the picture - it extends and position is very adjustable.  Mine is LED but other types would also work.

post-8034-0-04013400-1418314233_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doug

I used 150 flouresant curly shaped bulb lights but broke two .nice  brite light but now i use two 30 led lights and no shadows and a white light comes out of them from the big box store $20 a piece on flexible stands i mounted on the top arm of the dw788

Hey Kev, could you post a picture of your setup? Sounds interesting.