The 1st world war was on when this was designed!

scrimper

Here is my latest piece, It has not been varnished yet so is not fully finished.

I made this using a Hobbies of Dereham England Design The design is number 1017 and it was published on 10th April 1915 when the First world war was in progress!

I reckon that this is the hardest piece I have cut in terms of inside cuts there were over 135 bits to cut out on the main frame!

I made this for my daughter for Christmas so I hope she likes it!

I could not get a mirror to fit (Hobbies used to sell a special bevelled one in 1915) so I found an old plain mirror and cut one from that.

In case anyone is interested I made this from an old plywood kitchen cabinet which I removed over 38 years ago! It was good quality birch plywood but covered with several coats of gloss paint but after scraping this off I has some fairly decent plywood to use.

post-1975-0-44423700-1418993964_thumb.jpg

Edited by scrimper

Will check out that place you got the pattern they sound interesting.

Sorry I should have been clearer, it's an old pattern no longer available, Hobbies of Dereham were the original publishers, The present day Hobbies Company are no longer at Dereham and they don't do these old plans. I have collected a lot of old plans over the last 40 years some were my grandfathers.

What amazes me about these old plans were that they were issued every week and supplied with Hobbies weekly magazine, this was in the days before computers or photocopy machines, some one sat in an office and drew these wonderful designs out, that is why I cherish these old plans and like to make the items.