I did it........... new saw ordered

Clayton717

Well yesterday after lots of going back and forth between saws. I ordered my Excalibur 21 hopefully it will be here soon. With buying extra blade holders and the cost, the Hawk it just wasn't possible now. I only hope I made the right choice and the EX21 last a lot longer than my Dewalt did.

You will like it - I have the DeWalt and EX21.  After problems with the DeWalt I got the EX21 while the DeWalt was being repaired.  The DeWalt is now my backup.  I have a Hawk on my wish list.

I have no idea what your shop is like Clayton but I put the stand on 3/4 ply with 4 inch locking swivel casters and then also slapped a piece of 3/4 ply between the stand and saw so I had a storage shelf right next to the saw.  Let us know your thoughts on the dust collection.  I am not impressed and have my own PVC Rube Goldberg setup for dust collection.

Good Choice Clayton you'll love it. I think you'll make more bowls at cut angles more with this one. I used to hate cutting on and angle now it's flat on the table it's so much better you'll just have to remember your not at 90 deg's when finished. I've just have a nice Crimbo present this bevelbox 

love it. Roly