Goals for 2015

Travis

2015 is right around the corner.  It's time to start thinking of some New Year's Resolutions.  What are your scroll sawing and woodworking goals for 2015?

Here's mine:

• I'd like to make more scroll saw videos.
  • Design more patterns
  • Try different types of scrolling.  (lath art and bowl making specifically)
  • Do larger woodworking projects
  • Fix up my shop so it's easier to work in (better storage, benches, lighting, and access to tools)

and of course, make SSV the best community I can...but that's a given.  ;)

What's yours?

I'll have two Delta saws 40-690 & 40-694. I want to focus on inlay. Set one saw up strictly for the inlay.

Focus more on catagories like bowls, crosses and animals.

That's about it for the shop.

Now as for everything else,  just make my wife Susan 'HAPPY'.

Work less (hard to walk away when someone wants to pay you to show up) and spend more time with family - especially grandchildren.

Finish the solid body electric guitar my grandson and I are building for him - actually I have told him the goal is to finish it before I die and dieing this year is not in the plan.

Get a Hawk

Follow the lines and cut a perfect circle, a perfect "S", and a perfect "O".  Okay, a perfect "C" would also be alright.  I do not mean to imply that all of the other letters are perfect but each of them has been perfect at least once.

Get the spouse to leave her vehicle in the driveway so I have more floor space in the garage/shop - each of the preceding items (well, at least the first three) have a better chance of happening than this one

Well a big challenge for me as a old dog is to learn and master Travis s Gimp and inkscape.The man is a genious at computer programs.We can only wish to do half of what he knows and we will all haveto agree that it's a good thing we have him in charge and Ill speak for everybody even if I have only been here for awhile. We all say thank you and Happy New Year! anybody want to second that feel free. Damian

1.  Make at least one Intarsia

2.  Make at least one Inlay

3.  Cut a very thin piece of stainless steel for a necklace.

4.  Learn more about pattern making.

All of these will be new for me and I find them all very interesting when other people do them.  And I want to at least say I tried, even if I don't like it I will know I gave it a go.

Marg

For 2015 I think I will move my shop because last year every time I went to my shop I ended up in the pub then when I got back I couldn't remember why I was going in the shop for in the first place lol, the pub is only 50ft further past my shop it's an easy mistake to make hehe........Paul

Edited by grampa

For 2015 I think I will move my shop because last year every time I went to my shop I ended up in the pub then when I got back I couldn't remember why I was going in the shop for in the first place lol, the pub is only 50ft further past my shop it's an easy mistake to make hehe........Paul

Hi Paul. I've got a memory like yours, but it's got sod all to do with alcohol, just AGE :oops:  :oops:  :oops:. Wishing you and the family a HAPPY and Prosperous New Year.

Rob Roy.

Hi Paul. I've got a memory like yours, but it's got sod all to do with alcohol, just AGE :oops:  :oops:  :oops:. Wishing you and the family a HAPPY and Prosperous New Year.

Rob Roy.

Happy new year to you to mate. Alcohol is not the reason I'm always in the pub it's just that if I don't go then my landlord will get less takings and won't be able to feed his 12 kids then they will be out on the street and I don't wish that on anyone honest, anyway the landlord needs to pay the gas bill so I will be in tonight to celebrate the new year and end the year knowing it ended doing a good deed,......that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.......Paul

While typically don't make resolutions I thought I'd make a few and see how it rolls.

1. I'll be 70 this year. I have CKD but other than that I think I'm healthy. I'm not so much overweight as I have a problem with weight distribution. Instead of a Porsche I'm an old Buick, if you know what I mean. So I joined a gym I to a years membership for $25 and I'm going to train to run a 5K this spring. I'm sure I could walk it but I want to try and run most of it.

2. I'm going to continue doing volunteer work. I just started with a non-profit in the area and I do respite work with a couple. The gentleman has Alzheimer's and the wife is the full time caregiver. I give one afternoon a week so she can shop/sleep/visit a friend/see a dentist or whatever. I want to continue this work.

3. In the shop I want to a) build another wooden gear clock; b) do an inlay project with the router; c) do an inlay project with the scroll saw; do at least half dozen woodworking for pay jobs in the neighborhood.

4. I want to try snow shoeing this winter.

5. Finally for a number of years my wife and I have had a goal to hike in all of Minnesota's state parks, there are 76. We have visited and hiked about half. I want to add 4 more to that list year.