Goals for 2015

Travis

1. I'll be 70 this year. I have CKD but other than that I think I'm healthy. I'm not so much overweight as I have a problem with weight distribution. Instead of a Porsche I'm an old Buick, if you know what I mean. So I joined a gym I to a years membership for $25 and I'm going to train to run a 5K this spring. I'm sure I could walk it but I want to try and run most of it.

The best part of your resolution is 'Oldhudson being an old Buick.' :D:)

I have a few goals for this year.

The first is that I want try my luck on sawing coins.

It is something I always wanted to try but never came to it.

I now ordered magnifying glasses and I want to make a jig for it.

And then I can start...

The second goal is trying to make some money by making portraits.

I believe there are many people who want to have a portrait from someone who passed away.

I want to make an appointment with someone from a company that takes care of funerals.

Maybe they can help me in to it.

Just see what this year brings..

Happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year to all! My "biggest" goal for scrolling is Intarsia! Tried it a few times and wasn't happy with pieces fitting up very well. Watched some videos on youtube by ScrollSawParadise. Huge improvement for me! Finishing my 1st piece. Will post later when it's done. There are 6 videos on Intarsia, kinda long, but well worth watching!

My 2nd goal is to add 2 more craft shows to the 2 I do now.

Paul

Well, unlike many on this forum, scroll work is not the main focus of my woodworking. Gun to my head, it'd be rustic art, with the various tools being a means to an end. So, with that in mind, here's a few of mine:

- Continue completing my shop. I'm a few big tools short (planer, drill press), and a bunch of little stuff away from being pretty well equipped. Since a year ago all I had was a miter saw, I'd say I've come pretty far in a short amount of time.

- Complete an extremely high end piece of... something. I live in remote rural area where Wal Mart is pretty much it as far as big shopping goes. I'm tired of cheap, underbuilt, Chinese-made crap. Even if its just an end table, I'd like to build something where my craftsmanship and design is such that people notice it and are impressed, and then later I tell them I built it myself.

- Do more charity pieces. I'm kinda stuck on the one I'm doing now, but its not like there's a timeline. Charity pieces would make me feel better about myself, and maybe lead to people wanting to buy stuff from me. 

While typically don't make resolutions I thought I'd make a few and see how it rolls.

1. I'll be 70 this year. I have CKD but other than that I think I'm healthy. I'm not so much overweight as I have a problem with weight distribution. Instead of a Porsche I'm an old Buick, if you know what I mean.

Does "old Buick" mean "big tail fins"?