Shrinking problems (the bad kind)

Multifasited

Carl do a redesign to include the check.  Perhaps fit another section of cedar into the opening.  After all my friend only you know what it is supposed to look like.  Like was mentioned it looks good and until you point out the problem area we all assume that it is part of the design.   Would hate to see it end up in the firewood pile.

DW

post-22372-0-55782800-1420157863_thumb.jpgI did a screaming eagle ,segmentation this way and it work out OK not nearly the fine detail and thin sections ,I did save the elk by its self velcrowed over my screen of the computer ,all the angle pcs. glued together to form the main pc alters the stress points of the

different areas they came from to make tedious process ,by itself altering colors etc. I should have known it would be problematic .

I give you 10 attaboys on the deer,Looks perfect,Now the eagle made me jump back in the chair,it raised my blood pressure to tilt levels so realistic it scared me to the  moon Alice.If there's something wrong with either one of these it's going to take one discriminate eye to find it!T riffic work here Carl.I'm proud of you!

Thats all cut angles I cut to try to get sunburst effect put together to make the main piece before segmenting and adding the additional straight grained pieces for the beak and eyes etc ! The elk was all angles ,could not stand the stress on tiny pieces after cuts from pattern ,I bought a quart of pour epoxy glaze like they use on bar tops,but decided size of separations  would show up too much !Next time I may coat blank first on both sides with it  and then cut and shape and then finish ,I think that would keep everything together !

I did save the Elk ,varnished and mounted on the wall over my computer screen w/velcro on the wall. I learned a lot in the total process !

Edited by Multifasited