Somebody up there must like me

Stillwater

Somebody up there must like me...

I have mention out here how last week, I ordered a new Hegner Multimax 22-V Scroll saw, with the stand, the magnifying light and the foot switch. It came today, Saturday. I will set it up later this evening

And, I mentioned that I had an older model 113.236180, 16 inch, variable speed Craftsman saw that was really smooth to operate. When it came time to change blades, you could lose all of your religion in a hurry. 

When I got it, in 1988, it was Craftsmans top-of-the-line, variable speed Scroll Saw. 

I was prowling around the Internet thursday and found a used, but like new, Hegner Multimax 18-V, at a really rightous price. It came with the stand, the magnifying light and the foot switch. I called the gentleman that owned it, thursday. I drove there Friday morning, about a hundred and twenty-five miles away, to look at it, and it is in at least 99% condition. 

I didn't dither, I snapped it up.

Another good thing, I now have a person who will probably, become a good friend.

Several books came with it, and about fifty, or sixty Olson blades. 

I feel pretty fortunate to own two, count them, two, Hegner Scroll Saws... One, is a Multimax 22-V saw, and the other is it's little brother, a Multimax 18-V saw.

When I got home, I reassembled the 18" Hegner, to it's stand, and played around with it a little bit. It is so smooth, to operate, that I am happy to the core, that I was so fortunate, to acquire this used saw, one that is in such good condition.

Bill

Great to hear your happy as a lark!Everybody needs two hegners,lolI've had at least 5 delta's ,4 craftsmans ,three dewalts,one sagura 3 dremils, and one no name one myself. Ya just got to stay in the scroll,back up back up,back up.You can never have enough scroll saws,lolYes i agree some one up,there like YOU & ME!!!

I have been on the Scroll Saw Forums (2) for just a little while... I'm pretty observent to what goes on around me. There is one thing I have noticed, among Wood Workers posting on these forums. The world is a better place for their presence here.

I really like to read the opinions, and the technical advice. It is all top drawer, to me anyway.

One thing I really like is how the Scroll Saw people in other countries, seem to share a mutual bond with us Yanks. And, I LIKE THAT.

Bill

Sounds like you got a great deal all around Bill.  Wish I had the funds and space for another saw or two myself :) ( Don't we all want a bigger shop )  Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW

I know this is off topic but, I just wanted to tell DWSUDEKUM that my Great Grandfather was born in Mentor, Ohio. He was born there in 1804...!