Brass gauge setup blocks?

tvman44

I've had one of these for years     http://www.veritastools.com/Products/Page.aspx?p=66

and love it. I use it on the table saw and router I know they're spendy but I'll have it forever and be able to leave it to one of the kids. I see they have a lot more choices now. My set has 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and the big block gives me 1, 2 & 3 inches.

Kevin, all they are is a set of brass set-up blocks, the set I own measures from 1/8" to 1/2". What they are, is small strips or pieces of brass that are used to set the height of a cut. You lay them flat on the table of your saw, and then you raise your blade to the height of the block. That gives you your measurement, you can use two or three of the set-up blocks combined to get the measurement you want, which is usually depth of cut. I no longer use the set I own, I bought an electronic depth gauge, and I use it to get a more exact measurement easier. Hope this explains it good enough for you to understand what they are. You must of seen a set of these over the years, but just didn't know what they were used for, hey, we're all like that sometime.

Len