very new scroller! help!

jvenecz

Here is the pattern. I am trying to do. I know it is complicated for a new bee but I like the challenge. My dad passed away in September and he was amazing with wood! Now I'm wishing he had taken the time to teach me! It's comforting to me and I guess it makes me feel close to him when I'm in the garage doing what he loved to do. I only have a Drexel motosaw which is pin end. I know that is part of the problem. And the blades they sell for the Drexel aren't labeled with the numbers like other scrolls. Getting a better or more expensive tool is not an option for me at this time. With the other projects I've done that required that kind of detail I've used a regular rotary dremel with a tile grout bit but it tears up the wood and is very hard to control. I was just wondering if there was a tip or trick that I could use with what I have available to me. Thanks again for all your help!

Hi Jen Welcome to the Village There is a couple of options for you the first one of course is upgrade your saw but you all ready said thats not a option, the second is to see if you can get a pinless blade adapter for your saw they make them but I'm not sure if they are available for your saw the third which is not easy but do-able and that is pull the pin out of one end of the blade poke it through your wood and re-install the pin back in the blade. Like I said its not easy but do-able, off course you could drill bigger holes but not in that pattern. I wish you all the bast let us know how you make out

.../Hans

I dont' see this pattern as an  inlay pattern. It looks like a fret pattern to me. Just drill the holes and cut it hole by hole. I looks like a pattern that I have cut many times.I am wondering if you might be using the wrong term here. I could very well be wrong, but that is my input 

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-20577200-1421001875_thumb.png

Edited by heppnerguy