REQUEST FOR SUNDAY

amazingkevin

This on came in today and i knocked it out .Real troubles started when i found out it was cedar but not the cedar i thought,This was the cheap pencil stuff stained to look like aromatic cedar,fool me.the roses shattered big time the more i cut them, but CA glue on the spot as it happened saved me The woods 3/4" thick cut with a scroll reverse #5,which i 'm about out of..It is in spanish saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONITA, I'd like $50.00 bucks for my time but we will see!,lol guess i need to clear coat it now to hide the CA glue thats glossy,??? I'll put on a stand tomorrow.I again lost my photos as i tryed to load them in the computer as i was useing the hot spot on the phone to run the web for my computer??post-1607-0-92089800-1421471567_thumb.jpg 11.5" long x4" tallpost-1607-0-55900500-1421549416_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-18667900-1421549424_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-23842500-1421549442_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-73940300-1421549445_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-83234100-1421549451_thumb.jpgBoy thanks DW, that amber shellac realy did the trick!

Edited by amazingkevin

Kevin even aromatic cedar if it is older will do that.  Only fix I have found for this is to soak it in a hardening oil like tung oil and let the oil harden which strengthens the cedar a lot.  Looks good my friend.  Shellac will give you an easy glossy finish.

DW

Thanks DW, shellac i have in spray it bottles , great info.How much time to like it harden?

Thanks DW, shellac i have in spray it bottles , great info.How much time to like it harden?

Kevin if you use light coats it dries to the touch in like a 1/2 hour.  You will have to do a light sand to knock down the roughies that the first coat does.  Generally 3 coats are sufficient then let sit over night to ensure that the solvent ( denatured alcohol ) has time to completely leave and the finish to complete its hardening.

DW

Kevin if you use light coats it dries to the touch in like a 1/2 hour.  You will have to do a light sand to knock down the roughies that the first coat does.  Generally 3 coats are sufficient then let sit over night to ensure that the solvent ( denatured alcohol ) has time to completely leave and the finish to complete its hardening.

DW

Perfect DW, i put  that in the memory banks for life,!

• 4 weeks later...