Good score

stu

Congratulations, Stu!
I stopped at a cabinet makers shop quite a long drive from my home

after taking the dog to the vet and asked if they had any cut-offs I could

have or that I could buy cheaply.

They allowed me to go through their scrap and it was all laminates with

a veneer! Not one single piece of real hard-wood!

I wish I could score like you did! LOL
God Bless! Spirithorse

I guess i am the lucky one because my grandson owns a very large cabinet shop and he always fines wood for me, when I ask him. His shop is in Portland and the time before last that I was in Portland he gave me a whole car trunk full of sole beautiful solid alder which I was able to share with Travis. I asked him to take more but he said he could not take more because he had to take the train home from work and would not have the room. Too bad, it was really a nice load. I also have a son who owns a garage door business and he custom makes wooden garage doors and he give me kiln dried cedar whenever I ask him. Both can get me wholesale prices on other wood but I have not taken advantage of that yet.

Dick

heppnerguy

Last year I ran across an ad on craig's list, that a local high school wood shop was cleaning house and  getting rid of all their shorts $40 for a pickup truck load. It was mostly walnut, maple and cherry from 16" to 36" long and up to 8" wide. There was also a good bit of  exotic wood There were 5 loads all together 1st come had pick, I was lucky to get there 1st and took 3 of the loads. Will be making boxes and lazy susans til the cows come home