we met

heppnerguy

Today was another big day for me. Today my wife and I met up with Paul and Patty for lunch. Paul who is also known as Scrappile on this forum. One heck of a nice couple and I think we will be seeing each other on occasion.  So now I have met Travis, Ralph and Paul.  Look out all the rest of you, I may end up coming into your life too..

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-07737800-1423533247_thumb.png

post-2238-0-84350300-1423533269_thumb.png

Mr popular ,lol If you come down this way ,I'm buying lunch! I'll be looking out for you!

Today was another big day for me. Today my wife and I met up with Paul and Patty for lunch. Paul who is also known as Scrappile on this forum. One heck of a nice couple and I think we will be seeing each other on occasion.  So now I have met Travis, Ralph and Paul.  Look out all the rest of you, I may end up coming into your life too..

Dick

heppnerguy

Dick, You must be in the right spot. You're blessed to have met that many SSV Members.

I say that because I have never met another scroller much less an SSV Member.

I thought  that someday I'd like to not just meet another scroller, I'd like to watch him scroll.

Bet I could learn something.

Very nice of you to buy lunch, when I visit I'm making it dinner time. ;)

I am always on the look out to see who might be living in our area. There are a couple of more SSV members in Washington State and a couple in nearby Idaho. So if I am ever in those areas I will try to arrange a meeting with someone. If anyone is traveling in my area, please get in touch. We always have spare room at our house and would love a visit, anytime. I am here to tell all of you, that the people here are even better in person than you would imagine. Larry, I am going to try and arrange for an opportunity to spend an entire day with Paul and learn some scrolling tips from him while I am with him. My hopes is that perhaps we can hold a picnic somewhere near and perhaps some of you might be able to join us. Keep  that in mind.

Dick

heppnerguy

Roly,

I don't know how far it is for all you folks in the UK to get together but with all the great public transportation there, I would thing a weekend get together would result is a really fun time for everyone involved. i bet that if you were to pick a summer date and suggest this, you would get quite a few interested people. Try it.. I can assure you it would be much more beneficial than teh same time spent for a craft show...

Dick

heppnerguy

Well done Dick now we know there's a free lunch in it and the number off your credit card perhaps Rob,Keith and I will head over the pond for some tuition. :lol:  :lol: Roly 

Roly,

I don't know how far it is for all you folks in the UK to get together but with all the great public transportation there, I would thing a weekend get together would result is a really fun time for everyone involved. i bet that if you were to pick a summer date and suggest this, you would get quite a few interested people. Try it.. I can assure you it would be much more beneficial than teh same time spent for a craft show...

Dick

heppnerguy

Great idea Dick but I think you might have been miss informed about our so called public transport most of the trains don't run and people are being ferried by bus and there's more road works than you can shake a stick at and don't even start on the pot holes in the roads an absolute disgrace. We are all hundred plus miles apart but if I go down to Cornwall Keith can throw a party. :lol: and as for Scotland to cold for this soft southerner.  :lol: :lol: Roly

Oh  i have never been to the UK but I have traveled a little in Germany and France and the transportation there is wonderful. However  100 miles is not very far. I traveled more than that to meet up with all of the guys that i have met from the village. but to me, it is a short distance for the rewards of meeting these wonderful guys.. put the word out and arrange something during the warmer time there. I assure you that you will be very glad you did.  I live so remotely here in Heppner that I have to travel 65 miles just to go to the movies. Have everyone meet somewhere in your area..  After all, a little sight seeing makes the whole idea even more appealing. I bet you would be surprised at how many people would be interested in making the trip.   Give it a go

Dick 

heppnerguy

Great idea Dick but I think you might have been miss informed about our so called public transport most of the trains don't run and people are being ferried by bus and there's more road works than you can shake a stick at and don't even start on the pot holes in the roads an absolute disgrace. We are all hundred plus miles apart but if I go down to Cornwall Keith can throw a party. :lol: and as for Scotland to cold for this soft southerner.  :lol: :lol: Roly

Oh  i have never been to the UK but I have traveled a little in Germany and France and the transportation there is wonderful. However  100 miles is not very far. I traveled more than that to meet up with all of the guys that i have met from the village. but to me, it is a short distance for the rewards of meeting these wonderful guys.. put the word out and arrange something during the warmer time there. I assure you that you will be very glad you did.  I live so remotely here in Heppner that I have to travel 65 miles just to go to the movies. Have everyone meet somewhere in your area..  After all, a little sight seeing makes the whole idea even more appealing. I bet you would be surprised at how many people would be interested in making the trip.   Give it a go

Dick 

heppnerguy

Thanks Dick if only our roads went in a straight line on the same road for 300 miles plus like yours. :D  Roly